With Valentine's Day approaching, it has many people thinking about date nights, candy, and cupids. Some of us a may need a refresher course in the dating do and don'ts. Perhaps you need some advice on pick up lines; or if your not into this romantic day you may just need a good laugh. Let us take a look at a classic film that is surrounded by dating rules and techniques; Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
A personal favorite with a great cast and memorable dialog. There is scene with two high school friends, Mark Ratner (Brian Backer) and Mike Damone (Robert Romanus). Mark is a the shy, awkward, kind of geeky guy, who often seeks advice from Damone, a self proclaimed expert on getting girls. Damone has a valuable 5 point plan, that he claims men have died to obtain, but out of the kindness of his heart he shares this knowledge with his friend. (See clip).
- Never let on how much you like a girl.
- Make sure you always call the shots.
- Act like wherever you are, that's the place to be.
- When ordering food, find out what she wants, then order for the both of you.
- The most important rule is when comes down to making out, put on side 1 of Led Zeppelin 4.
Well, with the exception of the second rule, most of this is sound advice. At least it's better to have some type of game plan when trying to win over your prospective dates. This is a great scene and one of many worth checking out.
Where to find this film locally: Video 1