The Christmas holidays have been known to get a little hectic, especially when trying to date – but with the right attitude and a few dating tips, it can also be the perfect time to take any hint of a sparkle and swirl it into a bubbling romance come 2012.
A basic date can easily be enhanced by simple memory-making fun such as the sharing of gingerbread lattes, hand-holding beneath the stars or amongst rows of trees wearing white-lit sweaters, mistletoe or angel kisses, snow (or sand) Angels and the never-ending Christmas light shows.
In order to truly welcome holiday dating without a single panic some say it's best to first take a deep breath, release all stress with an exhale and adorn that lovely face with a smile – for it's time to read the tip list below for help with gaining a fresh perspective on dating during the holidays.
Holiday pre-date tips:
- If you have a dating profile, spruce it up with a few current holiday photos. If you’re a comedian at heart, try the tangled in lights look, or for the more serious maybe a Santa hat, blinking earrings or tie while dressed in work attire.
- Bling it up and spread some cheer – with holiday accessories, that is. Try a shiny belt, holiday tie or jewelry, glittery eye shadow – a little holiday spirit is not only attractive but also contagious.
Holiday dating etiquette reminders (proper dating etiquette never goes out of style):
- Open the car door
- Pull out her seat at the restaurant
- Help her with her coat
- Dress warmly so you can offer her your coat
- Open her car door for her whether she’s getting in or out (for women who need a little help remembering how, remember the swivel and turn exit)
- Never assume a woman is on a diet; ask her if she’d like dessert – maybe she’d like to share something with you?
- If she’s wearing four-inch heels or Stiletto’s, don’t thing walking two miles is going to be all that romantic (unless you're planning to trade shoes)
Holiday dating ideas (with the green-conscious in mind):
- If fairly new into dating maybe add some sparkle to your evening with the surprise of a Christmas bell wall hanging or ornament (“every time a bell rings an Angel gets their wings”), a chocolate-dipped candy cane or a Christmas flower. The idea is to think differently; be creative and spontaneous, and let some of your personality shine through.
- If you've been dating awhile and want to show some commitment (oh my goodness there’s that c word) – why not show up with a handful of spring flower bulbs (along with a real, silk or photo of the flower for an example) for your date to plant in the garden now so it will produce blooms in the spring? Nothing says I care and want to be around for a while than something to grow with your relationship. For literally a few dollars for a handful of colorful bulbs such a gesture is indeed a priceless gift to a potential mate. (Thank you, Tabatha for this suggestion.)
Like this and other articles by P.K.? Subscribe to be notified via email when new articles post.