Anyway, a good date idea is packing your things and heading into the wilderness. You've probably seen it on The Bachelor a few times, where they are helicoptered to the top of a beautiful mountain. Or on the new TV show Naked and Afraid, where you have to starve for 21 days while the camera crews are snacking on Luna bars. Well... neither of those.
Here are a few tips for a nice date day and date night camping idea:
- Go alone to get to know each other.
- Pack the right amount of clothes, if you're staying the night, make sure to bring a blanket and some extra layers.
- Pack some food. No one wants to see a starving date.
- Pack some cooking utensils to make a nice home-cooked dinner, or camp near a restaurant so you two can sneak away for some high caloric foods.
- Bring a big enough tent. Or a small enough tent for snuggling.
- Make sure your food is stored far away from your car and campsite.
Tips for men:
- Understand that your date might be a little self conscious about how she looks without a shower. Don't do anything that strenuous to make her sweat unless your campsite has a shower or you're heading to the nearest motel.
- When she says she's cold, she probably just wants to cuddle.
- Also understand that your date might be self conscious about going to the bathroom in the woods, in which case, make her feel comfortable by saying some jokes or let her know you're okay that she has to go.
Tips for women:
- Always bring bio-degradable toilet paper.
Lastly, just enjoy your time together. Don't try and impress the other date, you're there together to get to know each other. If it rains, it rains- enjoy it. If you're like me and hear thunder and lightning, you probably want to book a room at the nearest Super 8.