More details have been revealed in regards to the North American multiplayer beta for the Playstation 3 version of the multiplatform video game, “Dark Souls 2.” According to a post from the official “Dark Souls” Facebook page on Oct. 4, players won’t have to go through a registration process.
Instead, select users will receive a message on the Playstation Network with a code for the first testing round that is scheduled begin on Oct. 12. Only the first 5,000 players that redeem the code can download the online multiplayer beta for “Dark Souls 2.”
From Software is also preparing a second round of testing on Oct. 26. The studio will be revealing a universal code four days earlier that is going let the first 30,000 players download the multiplayer beta on the Playstation Store. You can check out some screenshots featuring the forthcoming open-world action role-playing game in the slideshow near the top of this article and the list of details below:
- There is no registration process!
- Select users will receive a PSN message on Tuesday Oct 8th with a code to redeem the download for the Oct 12th testing round.
- Only 5,000 players will be allowed in this round on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Many more players will have an opportunity to get into the second round of testing.
- We will share a universal download code on Oct 22nd that can be redeemed to download the client for the Oct 26th testing round.
- 30,000 testers will be allowed in for the Oct 26th round, but on a first-come, first-served basis.
The multiplayer beta for “Dark Souls 2” is already underway for the Japanese region. The final game will be released for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 11, 2014 in North America. The PC version is due to come out sometime later during the same month. The aforesaid From Software is the studio responsible for the development of the sequel. You can pre-order the product from Amazon in the following link: “Dark Souls 2”