The Fall 2014 Charlotte Ronson collection channeled your inner goth diva. Combining the perfect amount of funky florals with deep and rich velvets and dark saturated colors, the overall effect was brooding and effortlessly cool.
To play off the Ribbon Red pantone of the collection, celebrity manicurist Gina Edwards for KISS Products, Inc. created a black scalloped tip on a deep red imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails shade to complement the collection. Edwards notes, “The two-tone look is a must-have for Fall.”
Taking us aside, she provided a step-by-step on how-to create the look:
- Select the correct size imPRESS nail in Superstar Scandal to fit each nail
- File each imPRESS nail to a classic oval shape
- Lightly buff around the cuticle
- Use the KISS Nail Artist Paint to create half circles starting in the middle of the imPRESS nail
- Crate the circles until scallop tip is created, then fill the rest of the area from scallop tip to cuticle
- Let dry
- Apply KISS Top Coat for long-lasting shine and seal
“imPRESS nails are a great way to get creative with nail art, especially for fashion week, when we have to be quick backstage among all the chaos and ensure the models hit the runway looking flawless,” says Edwards.
Proving that once again in fashion even effortlessly cool takes at least some effort…