People wonder what foods they should pay extra attention to stay away from this holiday season. Don’t let this slide show tempt you in to gorging yourself with these dangerously delicious temptations. Although after reading about why they may be ‘dangerously delicious’, you may stay away from them for a while. Keep telling yourself of all the hard work you accomplished throughout this year to become fit. All of your hard work could go down the drain in a matter of seconds.
Of course you can treat yourself once in a while but for the people who have no self control should try to stay away from dangerously delicious food all together. Tempting yourself with dangerously delicious food can be…well…dangerous to all your hard work. If your mind starts thinking ‘Well it’s only one…what can it hurt?’ soon your mind will be thinking ‘well it’s only two…’ ‘Well it’s only three’. Eventually your mind may say ‘well I only had one pan of brownies.’ Soon you will be back to square one. You will feel much better to yourself if you continue to eat healthy and maybe treat yourself once a week. The following are 5 foods that are dangerously delicious.
- Bacon: Think of all the grease and fat that is in a single slice of bacon. Clearly you are taking in way more sodium in one sitting than you should consume all day. In an average piece of bacon, 71% of it is fat.
- Soda, diet and regular: If you replaced a 20 oz bottle of soda with water on a daily basis, you’d lose up to 35 pounds in a year. Try replacing soda with water, juice, or those carbonated smart waters if you need something carbonated.
- Chips, snacks, etc: Chip and snack companies know what ingredient to put in your snack to make you want more. Even chips you think are healthy could be worse than normal chips. Take a look at the ingredients, how many of them can you not pronounce? If you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, chances are you don't need it.
- Margarine opposed to butter: Limit the butter intake but choose it over margarine. Margarine shares 20 some ingredients as plastic. Does that really sound healthy to eat?
- Any fast food: Think of all the grease alone you are consuming while eating your burger or fries. Think of how many calories are in there. Best to just cut it out all together. Think of the money you would save as well. For one year every time you think about going to a fast food restaurant, cook at home instead and put away the money you would've used. At the end of the year you will be surprised as to how much you could save!