The "Dancing with the Stars" season 17 cast is at the final stages of becoming the official lineup. Before ABC can complete their roster, they have to wait on celebrities for an answer. As of now, the studio is ready to sign on the remaining contestants.
Hollywood Life published a report Aug. 21 about which celebrities must still get back with ABC on whether or not they'll be on "Dancing with the Stars'" fall season roster. A source said to be close with production of the show spoke with the site and dropped some names.
“So far, they are awaiting confirmations from John Stamos, former baseball player Jason Varitek, Paula Deen, Backdoor Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham, Tanning Mom Patricia Krentcil, a WWE Superstar, Bella Thorne and Seth MacFarlane! They are hoping for confirmations soon, but it’s coming down to the last minute. None of these people are definites, but they have been asked and it’s in their hands,” the show insider said.
John Stamos and Paula Deen have been cited as rumored contestants for the show, but reports soon followed that it's unlikely they'd be on the show for season 17. Was it just a way to throw fans off?
Just recently, country star, Jo Dee Messina, and Indy 500 winner, Tony Kanaan, were also rumored to join the show's fall cast. Messina informed fans on Facebook that she met with ABC executives about appearing on "Dancing with the Stars" and enjoyed the time in L.A. so she could spend more time with her husband. Is she already signed on?
Find out who made the cut when the official cast of "Dancing with the Stars" season 17 is announced on ABC's "Good Morning America" Sept. 4.