Next to the reveal of the cast itself, one of the biggest highlights of ABC’s annual promotional roll out for the new edition of “Dancing with the Stars” is the debut of the season's official team portraits. Today, the network released the anticipated new glamour shots which are already making fans excited for the show’s upcoming premiere.
Following the cast announcement on “Good Morning America” last month, fans have had a mixed reaction to the new list of celebrity contenders, which is headlined by country star Wynonna Judd and comedian D.L. Hughley. The release of today’s photos are intended to not just promote the show but also help to show off the personalities of the cast participating in this edition.
Among the more interesting portraits include Hughley showing off with his (popular) partner Cheryl Burke, as well as a classy picture of Olympic staple Dorothy Hamill and her partner Tristan MacManus, plus a lively photo of the season’s biggest wild card Andy Dick, paired with first time “pro” Sharna Burgess.
Dick, the former star of NBC's “Newsradio," was probably the biggest surprise in the cast as he is notorious for his wild antics and equally wild past that includes run-ins with the law for drugs and alcohol. However if the comedian has truly conquered his demons, he could be a fun addition to the cast and liven up the weekly proceedings.
As a reminder the full pairings are:
- Disney star Zendaya Coleman and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Comedian Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
- Olympic athlete Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus
- Comedian D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke
- Football star Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff
- Country singer Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani
- Boxing champ Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold
- Country singer Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough
- Olympic athlete Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas
- Soap opera star Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
- Reality TV star Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko
You can find the full rundown of all the new cast members and their professional partners at ABC.com.
“Dancing With The Stars” returns Monday March 18 on ABC.