Dancing With the Stars revealed its cast for its upcoming 17th season on GMA Wednesday morning. Even though the show is slashing its twice weekly format to just one night a week, the star power is being described as "supersized", according to their website on Sept. 4. As the venerable DWTS show struggles to regain their audience amidst so many competing reality shows, they sure are pulling out all the stops with this season's cast.
Here's the lineup that was announced Wednesday:
- Leah Remini from King of Queens
- Former NFL star Keyshawn Johnson
- Valerie Harper, aka Rhoda Morgenstern
- Jack Osbourne, son of Ozzy and Harr... oops, sorry Sharon
- Snooki, you know where she comes from
- Amber Riley of Glee fame
- Brant Daugherty ala Pretty Little Liars
- Bill Nye The Science Guy
- Elizabeth Berkley from Saved by the Bell
- Bill Engval, comic force from Blue Collar Comedy
- Christina Milian, think Twitter from The Voice
- Corbin Bleu, he once bounced a ball with Zach Efron
Producers explained the new format for the show, and it sounds as if they might be riding the wave of social media.
ABC honcho Paul Lee said the show's taking the votes from the judges and the votes from the audience and "bringing them together at the end", according to E! News.
Sadly two professional fan favs that will be sitting out this season are Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kym Johnson.
"I wish all the dancers and celebrities in season 17 nothing but love and success, and hope to see you all back on the dance floor for season 18," Johnson said in a statement.
Surely viewers will tune in to watch America's favorite neighbor Valerie bravely battle her disease as she continues to live her life.
The new season kicks off on Monday, Sept. 16 at 8 EST on ABC. Good luck to all!