The moment “Dancing With the Stars” diehard fans have been waiting for has come and gone. The Season 17 cast reveal took place on “Good Morning America,” Wednesday, Sept. 4. The majority of the cast was predicted, but there were a few surprises, too.
Rumored and true:
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi of “Jersey Shore” fame will be dancing with new pro Sasha Farber. Congrats Sasha for promoting out of the troupe!
- Former wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson will be dancing with Sharna Burgess.
- Sitcom star Valerie Harper will be dancing with Tristan MacManus.
- “The Voice” co-host and singer Christina Millian will be dancing with Mark Ballas.
- Actress Elizabeth Berkley Lauren will be dancing with Val Chmerkovskiy.
- “High School Musical” star Corbin Bleu will be dancing with Karina Smirnoff. (So much for her partner’s name being Ryan, huh? LOL)
- “Glee’s” Amber Riley will be dancing with four-time winner and last year’s champion Derek Hough.
- Reality TV personality Jack Osbourne will be dancing with Cheryl Burke.
- “King of Queens” star Leah Remini will be dancing with Tony Dovolani.
- Brant Daugherty from “Pretty Little Liars” will be dancing with Peta Murgatroyd.
- Bill Nye “The Science Guy” will be dancing with new pro Tyne Stecklein.
- Comedian Bill Engvall will be dancing with new pro Emma Slater. To be totally truthful, I heard a few slight rumors about Bill, but nothing concrete. And a big congrats to Emma for promoting up from the DWTS Dance Troupe!
Rehearsals are already underway. Remember, there’s a new format this season with the show only airing once per week on Monday night. With an all new cast and an all new format, DWTS will be interesting, to say the least.
Season 17 of “Dancing With the Stars” waltzes onto the ballroom floor on Monday night, Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. eastern time on ABC. Don’t miss a step!