A new season of Dancing with the Stars is set to premiere on September 16. Today, September 4, the official Season 17 cast was revealed on this morning’s episode of Good Morning America.
Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet were up extra early this morning to introduce the new cast, after a long ride through town in a red convertible.
- First out was Jersey Shore star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, who follows in frenemy Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino’s footsteps…but hopefully, those footsteps will leave her more successful than Mike’s sad DWTS run. Her partner for this season is Sasha Farber, who was previously a member of the Troupe.
- Keyshawn Johnson played football in the NFL for 11 seasons and came out of retirement to join this season of Dancing with the Stars. He will be dancing alongside partner Sharna Burgess.
- Perhaps the worst kept cast secret was Valerie Harper, who is best known for playing Rhonda Morgenstern on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhonda. Most recently, she has been battling lung cancer and the rare condition, leptomeningeal carcinomatosis. Doctors only gave her 3-6 months to live, but she has already surpassed that hurdle and is even showing signs of improvement. Valerie is paired with Tristan MacManus.
- Brant Daugherty, who plays Noel Kahn on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars, is partnered with Peta Murgatroyd.
- Christina Milian is currently the Social Media Correspondent for The Voice, which airs on NBC this fall. Can she do cross-over duty and be successful on both shows? This season, her partner is Mark Ballas.
- Bill Nye, “The Science Guy,” is paired with newcomer Tyne Stecklein.
- Elizabeth Berkley is best known for her role as Jessie Spano on Saved by the Bell and her controversial decision to be a part of the movie Showgirls. Perhaps her new partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, can help let some of those dance moves shine.
- High School Musical star Corbin Bleu is paired with Karina Smirnoff.
- Glee star Amber Riley was downgraded from a series regular going into this next season, so it appears she will be spending her extra free time dancing with fan-favorite, Derek Hough.
- Comedian Bill Engvall also joined the cast, paired with Emma Slater, also formerly a member of the Troupe.
- Another Osburne will follow in Kelly’s footsteps, with the addition of Jack Osburne this season. He will be partnered with Cheryl Burke.
- Although not present in New York, Leah Remini appeared from Los Angeles and has also appeared on Saved by the Bell, but is more well-known for her time on King of Queens and recent departure from the Church of Scientology. Her partner is Tony Dovolani.
What do you think of this season’s new cast? Will you be tuning in for Season 17? Leave a comment below!