The 2014 edition, which premieres on March 17, will feature the return of pro Maksim Chmerkovsky, the addition of co-host Erin Andrews replacing Brooke Burke-Charvet, and former "American Idol" music director Ray Chew in place of longtime band leader Harold Wheeler.
The cast of celebrities includes "The Wonder Years" star Danica McKellar, "Real Housewives of Atlanta" and "Celebrity Apprentice" alum NeNe Leakes, former NHL player Sean Avery, Olympic figure skaters Charlie White and Meryl Davis, "Full House's" Candace Cameron Bure, "The Price is Right" host Drew Carey, Australian pop singer Cody Simpson, "Big Time Rush" actor James Maslow, record-breaking long-distance swimmer Diana Nyad, Bill Dee Williams of "Star Wars" fame and snowboarder Amy Purdy.
Purdy, who has also appeared on "The Amazing Race," is the first contestant with prosthetic legs to be featured on "DWTS." She had both of her legs amputated below the knee due to a form of bacterial meningitis she had when she was 19 years old. Heather Mills was the first person to compete with a prosthetic limb back in 2007. Purdy is paired with reigning champ and five-time winner Derek Hough.
The network also announced that the show will introduce a new twist this season where fans will vote for partner swaps for one week.
The "Dancing With the Stars" Season 18 couples are:
- Amy Purdy and Derek Hough
- Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater
- Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas
- Charlie White and Sharna Burgess
- Cody Simpson and Witney Carson
- Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Diana Nyad and Henry Byalikov
- Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke
- James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd
- Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani
- Sean Avery and Karina Smirnoff
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 18 premieres Monday, March 17 at 8/7 p.m. CT on ABC.