This weekend is filled with great events for sewists wanting to catch up on projects or learn new skills. Fashion designers or enthusiasts can enjoy DFW Fashion Week’s wrap-up at the Glass Lounge. For anyone needing to restock their thread supply, Thomas’ thread sale starts this Sunday. Check out the details below.
Friday, July 6
- All quilters and sewists are welcomed to free “Sit and Sew” every Friday at Quilter’s Connection. This is an open sewing session from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact 214-343-1440 or visit their web site.
- DFW Fashion Week presents ‘Fashion Fridays’ at Uptown’s Glass Lounge. This event will feature America’s Next Top Model's Lyzbeth and fashions from designers Barron & J. Esque by Leslie Pennel. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 7:30 p.m. For ticket purchase or more information, visit Fashion Week’s website. The Glass Lounge is located at 1899 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, 75201.
- Learn to sew or refresh your sewing skills at Bernina’s ‘Sew Easy Lounge’ class. This class includes two projects to sew at your own pace with personalized guidance for each project. The first project is a choice of a fashionable tote, vintage-look apron or a pillow. The second project is your choice. The class is from 1 – 4 p.m. at Bernina, located at 12801 Midway, Dallas, 75244. For more details, visit their website or call 972-247-5103.
Saturday, July 7
- Creative Stitches and Gifts is hosting a L’Esprit de France Trunk Show through July 21. The L’Esprit needlepoint collection includes handbags, shoes, bangles, watches, pillows and much more. There is a 20% discount for L’Esprit purchases. Creative Stiches is open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Contact the store at 214-361-2610 for more information. They are located at 6025 Royal Lane, Suite 217, Preston Royal Shopping Center, Dallas, 75230.
Sunday, July 8
- Thomas Sewing Center starts its 20% discount thread sale today through next week. For more information, contact 877-682-3996. Thomas Sewing Center is located at 1515 Town East Blvd., Suite 133, Mesquite, TX 75150.
Enjoyed this article? For new article alerts, please click the ‘subscribe’ link next to my picture at the beginning of this article.