Here's an easy recipe that's perfect for the Superbowl or any upcoming gathering- it's sure to please your guests and no one will know they're gluten-free and dairy-free!
Cheesy Twice Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free & Vegan
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces Go Veggie! Vegan Mexican Cheese Shreds
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup gluten-free crackers, crushed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork. Wrap each sweet potato with foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out all but 1/3-inch flesh from inside skins. Place sweet potato flesh in a food processor with remaining ingredients. Process until smooth, approximately 3 minutes.
- Transfer sweet potato avocado mixture into each empty skin. Place in a single row on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.