Are you on the Paleo diet, following a grain-free diet or trying to cut down on dairy? A delightful new cookbook makes it tasty to stay with your plan by providing 90 recipes that are easy to follow and delicious to eat: "The Paleo Cookbook: 90 Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes the Whole Family Will Love" (click for more information).
You'll also learn how to follow the Paleo diet with the author's 28-day Paleo diet challenge. You can lose weight and enhance health while enjoying great food.
Try a sample below.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- ⅛ cup sliced almonds, for garnish
- ¼ cup coconut oil, for greasing tins
1. Mix almond flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon in bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Mix pumpkin, vanilla extract, almond extract, eggs, mashed banana, and melted coconut oil in separate bowl. Stir well to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Grease 6 muffin tins with coconut oil, and spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling them ½ to ¾ of the way full.
4. Bake at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of muffin.
5. Press sliced almond on top of muffins during the last 10 minutes of baking.
Recipes excerpted with permission from The Paleo Cookbook: 90 Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes the Whole Family Will Love by Anna Conrad. Copyright 2014, Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.