D. T. Fleming Beach Park on the west side of Maui is one of the island's top beaches. Several years ago, it was voted one of America's best beaches, and its popularity has remained high for both locals and tourists.
Situated just past the Kapalua resort area and the Ritz Carlton hotel complex, D. T. Fleming beach is an excellent beach for tourists staying on the west side of Maui. It has a lifeguard station, a large and clean restroom facility, and plenty of picnic tables with grills.
D.T. Fleming Beach is not a good snorkel location on Maui, but is ideal for boogie boarding and surfing. The water is often rough in the afternoon hours, but in the morning the water is ideal for swimming. It's a good beach for older children (above 8yrs old) but not particularly suited for young children.
The beach park offers spectacular sunsets, great views of Lanai and Moloka'i, and is one of Maui's most popular places for small weddings. There's a large parking lot, with handicap parking also available with a permit.
Looking to spend a day or half-day at a beach on the west side of Maui? Want to grill-out some hamburgers and hot dogs with excellent restroom facilities and picnic tables? Head over to D.T. Fleming Beach Park and have a full day of fun and ocean activities.
Kapalua, Hawaii 96761
Location: Take Hwy. 30 north past the town of Lahaina, past the Kaanapali Resort Area, and then pass the Kapalua area. You'll see a sign for D. T Fleming Beach Park on your left, about a mile or so past the sign "Office Road - The Village Course."
- The best time of the day for beach activities is in the morning hours, when the ocean is much calmer on this section of Maui.
- Make sure to lock your vehicle and leave no visible items inside the vehicle.
- There is not concession stand at the beach park, nor is there a convenience store nearby. So take plenty of water, drinks, and food with you.
- If you're looking to surf or boogie board, you'll need to rent the equipment beforehand.
- Watch children closely, as the waves can be rough as the day progresses.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the "gateway" to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.