In a video posted at Real Clear Politics Wednesday, former Obama for America deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter told MSNBC's Ed Schultz that the president intends to use his campaign apparatus in his war on the NRA.
"President Obama provides the leadership here, and he said the American people have to speak up and make their voices heard in this debate. Just like the NRA is doing with their membership. And President Obama's network across this country, grassroots individuals, who organize, volunteered with their time to get the president reelected are much more powerful than the NRA lobby," she said.
Cutter told Schultz that Americans can "expect to see that network activated, very soon."
"And for good reason," she added. "We need to pass commonsense legislation to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who shouldn't be carrying guns. That's the commonsense nature of this."
On Wednesday, Obama effectively declared war on the NRA when he called on Americans to stand up to the gun rights group and those who support the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
CBS anchor Bob Schieffer obeyed the president, comparing the struggle against the NRA to the conflict against Nazi Germany.
Matt Vespa reported that despite the effort, a CNN poll showed that support for gun control has dropped in recent days as rational thought replaces the strong emotions felt immediately after the Newtown shooting.
"So support for these gun control measures fell over the past month despite (seemingly) CNN's best efforts to marginalize gun rights advocates," Vespa wrote.
- MSNBC's Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Crybaby: Piers Morgan claims conservatives targeting him over gun control
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones
- Daily Beast writer: Piers Morgan should ‘pop’ Alex Jones with semi-automatic gun
- Des Moines columnist who called for death of gun owners now cries ‘satire’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Rand Paul to introduce legislation nullifying Obama executive orders on guns