During this blustery winter season we have often been having days where we get stuck indoors due to inclement weather. Thinking of something fun to do can be taxing. Arts and crafts are a great way to pass the time. Making your own keepsakes give children a sense of pride. They helped to decorate their homes, classrooms, or bedrooms. Try the winter lantern paper craft, it is the ideal craft for this time of year.
- something to color with,
- B&W template or Color template
- Optional: wool, string or ribbon (red or white would be best).
- Print out the template of choice and color the B&W template if that's the one you picked.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Set aside the handle piece, for now, but don't lose it!
- Fold the lantern down the center (there's a faint line on the template to give you guidance) and crease firmly
- Use the scissors to snip the dotted lines (there are 5). Make sure you don't snip all the way through. Stop snipping at the top and bottom borders .
- Unfold the paper and use the tab to glue the edges together forming a tube shaped lantern.
- Glue the handle on either side of the lantern.
Optional: String a number of paper lanterns in a row and hang them to decorate.
Optional: Use the blank template to decorate your own winter themed lantern.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).