What would St. Patrick’s Day be without leprechauns – cute handprint leprechaun crafts to be exact. This particular one is very easy and took all of five minutes to make.
One thing that made this craft so much fun for my 5-year-old was the fact that he got to paint his hand in more than one color, just like with the Thanksgiving turkey handprint, although it is only two colors for this cute little leprechaun handprint craft.
What you need:
- White paper or cardstock
- Paint in green, orange, skin color, black, white and red
- Paint the palm of the hand in a skin color and the fingers orange, with the exception of the thumb.
- Press the hand and fingers gently on the paper or cardstock, before removing it carefully.
- Now, turn your paper up-side-down, so that the fingers point to the bottom.
- Next, paint a green hat at the top of your palm. Add a black stripe across the hat when the green paint is dry.
- Using white and black paint, add eyes to the palm, which is the leprechaun’s face.
- Finish with a red mouth and nose.
Isn’t that the cutest little leprechaun ever?
Extra Tip: If you’re looking to incorporate more than just paint into your leprechaun handprint craft, try using wiggle craft eyes instead of the painted ones. You can also cut out a green hat from a piece of construction paper, rather than painting one.
I offered these options to my son, but since we already had the paint out, he wanted to do it all with paint, rather than mix in other materials as well for his favorite little leprechaun handprint craft.