My Experience with Neck and Back Pain
When I'm out and about, I am constantly encountering so many people and treat so many patients in the office, with back or neck pain. This motivated me tonight to write a short article with some suggestions for those of you who experience these problems:
1. Acupuncture: If you get acupuncture once a week for four weeks that will eliminate many cases of back or neck pain, even if it's due to an accident. But if you have had the pain for a long time it may take longer. You may also need to follow some of these other suggestions as well.
2. Blood Testing: I have a standard blood test I can give you for under one-hundred dollars. It will also tell us if there's some hidden reason to explain your pain. Some people need to take more zinc, calcium and magnesium. Some people have thyroid or blood sugar problems. Others have electrolyte imbalances.
3. Sleep: If you have trouble sleeping then ask me to give you specific supplements for sleep. Acupuncture and Homeopathy will also help with sleep and stress-reduction. One thing is for certain, if you are not sleeping well, this will make your pain worse.
4. Diet and Exercise: Let's also look at your diet and exercise if you are having trouble sleeping or in pain. If you're not eating and assimilating all of the nutrients and protein in your food, this could be the cause of your pain. You need the proper amount of protein and nutrients because they are important in creating anti-inflammatory chemicals in your body. Some form of exercise is very important to stay limber. Something as simple as walking 10 minutes three times a day will be very helpful.
5. Eliminate Stress: I can't emphasize enough the importance of stress reduction. Try to take up a practice of yoga, meditation, tai chi or some other form of relaxation. Listening to relaxing music will also work really well.
While I can't guarantee this will remove all of your pain, in most cases it will; or at least significantly reduce your pain. Some people also need chiropractic treatments, massage or cranial-sacral therapy. I can refer you to a good practitioner if you need them.
Take care and have a blessed beginning of fall season. I'm sure you've begun to feel the weather shift. I think you'd have to agree, even if you are stressed out, that it's a lovely feeling.
Together ~ Let's Make 2013 the Healthiest Year Ever!
*Chinese Herbal Medicine*
*Nutritional Counseling and Diet*
*12-Step Program Friendly*
Dr Randy Martin, OMD, LAc, PhD, CCH
Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Certified Classical Homeopath