These cute cupcake quiches are crustless, easy to make, and a healthier breakfast option. They are made with a combination of half egg whites and half whole eggs beaten with skim or almond milk and topped with a sprinkle of crumbled turkey or veggie bacon.
3 strips turkey or veggie bacon
2 cups baby spinach1 garlic clove - mashed
2 large eggs
2 egg large whites
1 ounce of skim or almond milk
1/2 ounces grated Fontina cheese
Mixed greens for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook turkey or veggie bacon in a skillet turning frequently until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
3. In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the baby spinach and garlic until the spinach is just wilted, but still bright green, 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in the cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins, filling them about halfway. Top evenly with the spinach mixture and then the chopped bacon.
5. Bake until the quiches are well risen, golden brown and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with greens.