The August 24, 2013 Cool Summer Night event at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum is themed Cultural Celebration. This event allows you to experience the museum in the evening when it tends to be cooler. Special activities at this Cool Summer Night include dance and music performances.
Schedule of Events
- 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Yoeme (Yaqui) Blessing and Welcome
- 6:30 p.m. - North American Flute Circle performance in the Desert Garden
- 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. - International Dance and Music
- 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. - No:ligk Traditional Singers and Basket Dancers
- 8 p.m. - North American Flute Circle performance in the Warden Oasis Theater
- 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. - Yoeme Deer Dance
About the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum: The Desert Museum is open year round, although the hours vary. The hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no entry after 4:15 p.m.) October through February, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no entry after 4:15 p.m.) March through April and September, and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (no entry after 3:45 p.m.) Sundays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (no entry after 9:15 p.m.) Saturdays June through August. Admission is $14.50 for adults ($12 June-August) and $5 ages 6 to 12 ($4 in Summer). Ages 5 and under are always free.