The Christian faith embraces context: We remember where we have been and how we have seen God in our history, and we look forward in hope to where we are going. Corporately and individually, this context informs our present and provides clarity for how to live today.
At the start of this new year, we can look back to see God’s faithfulness and graciousness to us in the previous year, but we can also look forward to fresh days in which we will be given more opportunities to serve God and His people and continue to grow in grace and love.
- Reflect on the past year and thank God for the blessings He has given and the ways He has been faithful.
- Ask God to show you new ways to serve and bring glory to Him this year.
- Choose a Christian book or daily devotional that will encourage you to grow spiritually.
- Adopt a Bible reading plan for the year.
- Join a Bible study or small group in your local church.
There are many means and opportunities God provides for us to grow in Him, from connecting with other believers to spending more time in His Word. The more we pay attention to these subtle invitations, the more adept we will become at finding moments throughout each day to worship, serve and enjoy God. God bless you in the new year!