Many Montrealers have already booked their winter vacations. However, if you are still undecided, why not go for Cuba?
In Cuba, you will find something to fit any budget. You can always find last minute deals and you will definitely be getting your money's worth.
Here is what you will be getting in Cuba:
- Beaches: Cuba is renonwed for its glorious white sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise waters. There are over 289 beaches to enjoy and bask in the sun. Check out the best beaches according to Frommer's.
- Scuba diving/Snorkeling: Cuba has some the most extensive coral reefs in the hemisphere. If you are a scuba diver or a snorkeler, you wouldn't want to miss Cuba's rich biodiversity of marine life. Cuba is filled with dive centers and instructors for both beginners and pros.
- Sightseeing: There is a lot to visit in Cuba. Visit the capital Havana and learn all about Cuban culture and its history. Stroll through the historical streets in old Havana and learn about the revolution at the Museo de la Revolucion. The second biggest city to visit is Santiago de Cuba. It's full of history as well. The local citadel San Pedro de la Roca is inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List as "the most complete, best-preserved example of Spanish-American military architecture, based on Italian and Renaissance design principles".
- Music: according to Wikipedia, Cuba has developed a wide range of creolized musical styles, based on its cultural origins in Europe and Africa. Since the nineteenth century its music has been hugely popular and influential throughout the world. It has been perhaps the most popular form of world music since the introduction of recording technology.
- Resorts: you will be enjoying all those things and many more from the comfort of the resort of your choice. Most packages from Canada are all-inclusive. So, your airfare, accommodations, and unlimited amount of meals and drinks throughout the day are all included. Additional all-inclusive services include daycare, non-motorized water sports and many more.
For more information about Cuba, visit the official website of the Cuban Tourist Board Office in Toronto, Canada.