Passengers booked on Crystal Cruises Singapore to Cape Town segment of its World Cruise voyage aboard the Serenity will reap a big reward of a free, inclusive three-night Extended Land Program to Thailand and Cambodia during the March Asia to Africa segment. To clarify this special program is only for guests sailing singularly on the Singapore to Cape Town cruise and not for all World Cruise guests.
According to a press release received today via email from the Los Angeles, California-based luxury cruise operator, the offer is good prior to the Singapore departure with passengers embarking on an exotic overland journey that takes them to Bangkok’s bustling markets, nightlife, and heavenward temple spires. The tour continues by plane to Siem Reap, Cambodia to visit some of the wonders of the world such as:
- · Angkor Wat – The world’s largest religious monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site dating back to the 12th century.
- · The Grand Palace – A vast complex of buildings, pavilions and gardens, the palace has been the primary residence and official ceremonial site for Kings of Siam since 1782.
- · Temples of the Emerald, Golden and Reclining Buddhas – The most sacred temple in Thailand, the world’s largest solid gold statue (nearly six tons!), and one of the largest overall Buddha statues in the world, respectively.
- · Angkor Night Market – Open until at least midnight with more than 100 shops and merchants, the market sets the perfect scene for post-dinner shopping.
- · Khmer Ruins – An array of ancient Cambodian architectural masterpieces, from Bayon Temple, known for its forest of heads and maze of dark rooms and galleries, to Ta Prohm, an Indiana Jones-like lost temple in the jungle, entwined in massive tree roots.
- · Apsara Dance Performance – Prima ballerinas from the Royal Ballet of Cambodia will perform this elaborate traditional dance, exclusively for Crystal guests.
Included for guests sailing on the single “Temples & Safaris” itinerary (the fourth segment of Crystal’s 2014 World Cruise), the land program begins on March 7, 2014 and includes meals, inter-Asia transportation, and a night the Peninsula Bangkok, followed by two nights at the five-star Sokha Angkor Wat Resort. The cruise voyage begins March 10, 2014 with an onboard overnight in Singapore, then sails to Jakarta, Indonesia; Mauritius/Port Louis, Republic of Mauritius; and Durban, Port Elizabeth, and Cape Town, South Africa (overnight).
“Together, this land/cruise program offers the best of all bucket lists: a fully hosted immersion into the ancient, artistic and spiritual history of Thai and Cambodian cultures, a choice of several optional safaris in Africa, a mix of unusual destinations, and a substantial piece of Crystal’s coveted World Cruise, filled with glorious days at sea,” says Thomas Mazloum, Crystal’s senior vice president, operations.
Book this cruise segment (Singapore to Cape Town) by October 31, 2013 and save $700 with fares starting $7,520 per person. For more about this exotic journey and other Crystal cruises go to www.crystalcruises.com.
Get oriented to Cambodia by viewing the attached video.