Crystal Cruises continues its mission to excite and educate passengers by taking them on new adventures throughou 2013. The super swank Los Angeles, California-based cruise line is offering travelers a chance to explore paths less traveled in the world from Asia to Antarctica.
Crystal is one cruise line that skillfully combines sybaritic pleasures (super spa, fitness center, fabulous food, one of the largest pools at sea) with cerebral pursuits such as enrichment lectures, the popular Computer University at Sea, how to classes and other educational activities. The now for the current year, the company’s is going outside the box with its top 10 unexpected travel adventures that include:
- Málaga, Spain – The lesser-known neighbor to Madrid and Barcelona that serves up classic Andalusian cuisine with a heaping side of architecture and history, named by Departures magazine one of the world’s most “under the radar” destinations.
- New England/Canada – A rare spring voyage through the region trading more familiar fall foliage for spectacular spring blooms and landscapes.
- Yalta, Ukraine – The rugged, mountainous Crimean peninsula and lush forest by 4x4 or horseback, a picturesque contrast to the historic urban landscape for which the city is known.
- Hong Kong, China -- An invigorating hike through the lush Dragon’s Back Trail for an escape from the city’s bustling Central District.
- Oslo, Norway – An Olympian’s view from the wheel bob track in Lillehammer.
- Sainte Agnès, France – For one’s French Riviera bucket list, a jaunt to the highest coastal village in Europe offers breathtaking views and medieval charm.
- Edinburgh, Scotland – A quest for the Holy Grail, tracing the steps of the centuries-old tale connecting the Knights Templar to the Grail and visiting sites featured in “The Da Vinci Code”.
- St. Petersburg, Russia –An interactive look at Russia’s modern art -- an alternative to the city’s famous palaces and classical museums – concludes with a master class in giclee painting technique.
- Padua, Italy – A bird’s eye view of Italy’s second most ancient city from hot air balloon.
- Reykjavík, Iceland – Trekking across Icelandic lava fields atop one of the country’s characteristic small horses.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.