Tomorrow is Valentine's Day just in case you forgot. But no worries. Do we have a gift idea for you. Just go on line to Crystal Cruises and pick out a Mediterranean sailing from a list of seven voyages the Los Angeles, California-based luxury cruise line tailor-made for lovers. Then sit down and create a cute invitation asking her to join you on the cruise, wrap it in red paper with a big white bow, and hear her squeal with delight when she opens it.
Crystal's summer sailings ooze with with romance on seven ultra-luxurious, all-inclusive Mediterranean cruises that visit some of the most romantic places in the world. From June 27 to September 2 2013, the Crystal Symphony will play Cupid on seven special voyages:
- Mykonos: Feed the flames of love while watching a classic Greek Island sunset over a seaside dinner with flaming saganaki. (June 27, 9-day cruise from Rome to Istanbul).
- Taormina: Chic meets antique in this perfectly preserved medieval town, where breathtaking views and romantic alleyways help travelers understand why Sicilians are among the world’s most passionate people. (July 6, 7-day cruise from Istanbul to Rome).
- The Turkish Straits: From the Dardanelles through the Bosporus, view exotic minarets and mansions float by from Crystal’s wide Promenade or from the comfort of your own verandah, with Europe on one side, Asia on the other. (July 13, 12-day cruise from Rome to Istanbul).
- Sorrento: Outdoor cafés, cobblestone streets, fragrant flowers, and a seafront promenade that begs for arm-in-arm strolling -- with a local shipboard overnight, the magic of the Amalfi coast’s most mythical city can be savored well into the wee hours. (July 25, 9-day cruise from Istanbul to Rome).
- Barcelona: Fall under a Spanish spell with sangria, tapas, Catalan heat and the undulating architecture of Antonio Gaudí, during a full two days in this gem of the Western Mediterranean. (August 3, 7-day cruise from Rome to Barcelona)
- St-Tropez: With superyachts berthed just steps from the town center, a lively evening waterfront, and a profuse selection of Provence’s most delicious local rosés, this French Riviera jetset resort town can be enjoyed until late at night as Crystal Symphony evening does not depart until 2 am. (August 10, 12-day cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon).
- Lisbon: Whether exploring the storybook St. George’s Castle in the pure Atlantic light of day or the capital’s lantern-lit lanes at night, this “City of the Seven Hills” is one of Europe’s most visually striking – and most sultry. (August 22, 11-day cruise from Lisbon to London).
A seafaring sanctuary of spacious design, Crystal Symphony heats up the mood with a 360-degree outdoor promenade for strolling, private verandahs for romantic breakfasts, sunset cocktails and even dinners served by your butler in your Penthouse suite. For indulgences there's a blissful Feng-Shui spa offering top-notch therapists to perform mojo-motivating couples massages or other salubrious treatments. And for a further aphrodisiac, acclaimed cuisine from Nobu Matsuhisa.
Hurry up and save with a 'book now' fare starting at $2,495, if booked by February 28, 2013. Attractive air add-ons are also available from more than 90 North American gateways.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.