Proving it’s never too early to plan ahead, Crystal Cruises has announced it will offer more than 350 Crystal Adventures during the Los Angeles, California-based luxury cruise operators 2014 World Cruise representing a 30% increase in shore excursions over the current year.
Passengers on the 108-day voyage will have a choice of exciting half-day, full day, and multiple-day excursions, more than 40 of them new. You can catch a preview at www.crystalcruises.com. A number of multiple-night Overland Adventures are also available in Africa, the Galapagos, and Andes along with visits to Aboriginal, Incan, and Catholic spiritual centers; nighttime grooves at South American hotspots; outdoor sporting activities through rivers, oceans, jungle and skies from Tahiti to Turks & Caicos; cultural liaising with Zulu, Amazonian, and Easter Island villagers; and more.
The 2015 World Cruise celebrates Crystal’s 25th year of sailing with Crystal Serenity’s first-ever circumnavigation of the globe, sailing to 44 ports of call in 23 countries, roundtrip from Miami starting January 25.
“Our World Cruisers are savvy travelers with diverse interests. With a record number of them aboard for 2015, we crafted an especially varied and rich array of ways for guests to explore the globe,” says John Stoll, vice president of land programs. “Releasing Adventures this early gives everyone months to digest and savor the sights and destinations both opulent and intimate, so the days leading up to the cruise itself can be filled with anticipation and detailed daydreams.”
Special attractions include:
- A four-day Galapagos Islands cruise on luxury expedition ship
- An Andes immersion, featuring UNESCO World Heritage cities and a hairpin-turn train ride through the mountains
- South African “glamping” safaris
- Spiritual centering at holy and hard-to-reach sanctuaries, such as Peruvian temples, including Machu Picchu; Ayers Rock, Aboriginal Australians’ most sacred site and a private mass at Rio’s Christ the Redeemer statue, an exclusive Crystal Boutique Adventure.
- South American rhythms of the night with overnights in port and late departures that include private performances, classes, and nightclub visits that include a tango in Buenos Aires, samba in Rio and salsa in Santa Marta.
- Extreme land, air, and sea adventures such as river rafting down New Zealand’s Rangitaiki River, trekking through the dense jungle of Ecuadorean wildlife reserves,deep-sea fishing or advanced scuba diving in Turks & Caicos and helicopter rides above Tahiti, Australia’s Great Ocean Road, South Africa’s Drakensberg Mountains, "The Hobbit" locations, and New Zealand’s only active marine volcano,
The company expects to add additional excursions in locales such as Madagascar and Macapa (both 2015 maiden calls) in the coming months. Crystal will also host two grand-scale shore-side events showcasing local culture, complimentary for all guests sailing the full voyage.
The epic 2015 World Cruise, consider the ultimate luxury travel experience by repeat passengers, is comprised of six, 15- to 21-day segments sailing through Central and South America, the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, South Africa, and the Caribbean. Fares for World Cruise Crystal Adventures range from just $29 to $5,699 per person.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
View video to learn more about marvelous Macchu Picchu.