Crying Thaiger Maui is a new food truck that specializes in Southeast Asian cuisine street food, and it's quickly building a following of locals and tourists through word-of-mouth advertising.
Located on Waine'e Street, Crying Thaiger Maui is only a block off of famous Front Street in the west Maui town of Lahaina. It's located between Dickenson Street and Lahainaluna Road in an easy-to-see parking lot.
Entrees include Pad Thai (chicken, prawns or double veggie), a Chicken Plate, Top Sirloin Plate, and a Garlic Lovers Big Shrimp Plate. Of course, they offer an excellent Green Papaya Salad and a Spicy Minced Chicken Salad, staples in the Bangkok, Thailand street food carts.
Open Wednesday through Sunday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Crying Thaiger Maui offers authentic Asian food with a bit of flair. It's a simple menu, but each item carries a lot of fresh, local flavors. Some items can be a bit "spicy", so talk to the owner (Steve) about your level of comfort.
Looking for good food at great prices, with ample parking and take-out service? Visit Crying Thaiger Maui in Lahaina for some "real Asian" food. Be prepared to come back again for more!
741 Waine'e Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Tripadvisor Reviews are a good place to see what others have to say about Crying Thaiger Maui and their experience.
Yelp! also has some good reviews about Crying Thaiger Maui.
- Spend some time shopping on Front Street and then make the leisurely walk over to Waine'e Street. It's less than 5 minutes from Front Street. It's conveniently located between Dickenson Street and Lahainaluna Road.
- If you ask directions from a local, tell them Crying Thaiger Maui is near the Maui Jim's building. Everyone knows where this building is located.
- There's plenty of parking in the lot where Crying Thaiger Maui is located.
- Enjoy dinner around 6 p.m. Then walk Front Street and enjoy Lahaina's mixture of art galleries, jewelry stores, gift shops, and souvenir stores.
- After dinner at Crying Thaiger Maui, try a Hawaiian tradition with a shave ice from Ululani's Shave Ice. There are two locations on Front Street, both near Cheeseburger In Paradise.
- Fulfill your urge for chocolate after spicy Thai food, with fudge from Hawaii Fudge Company. Also grab a bag of the Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy made by Big Wave Taffy.
- Take-out is certainly an option, if you're in a hurry to return to your condo or resort. Call ahead and they'll have it ready for you!