With just days to go in the Texas GOP runoff for the U.S. Senate seat up for grabs, David Dewhurst is pulling out all the stops on his extremely negative campaign against his rival Ted Cruz. Instead, Cruz has kept to his message that he will work to restore constitutional values in Washington and stop the spending. All the while, Dewhurst was for amnesty before he was against it.
This primary race isn’t just Cruz v. Dewhurst. It is a power struggle within the Republican Party for control. One faction, the old guard establishment GOP, is willing to compromise principles in order to avoid accusations of being the reason they can’t get anything done. Sticks and stones my friends, sticks and stones. The other faction, the grassroots Constitutional conservatives, are fed up with the go along to get along philosophy and are not the enemy in the war for America’s future.
Here are 5 good reasons to choose wisely when selecting the nominee for U.S. Senate:
1. Disdain for the Constitution - Justice Robert’s declaration that the individual mandate penalty in Obamacare was a tax and therefore constitutional is just another example of the disease that infects Washington. Our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms is threatened with each regulatory hurdle that is imposed as a barrier to gun ownership in America. The possibility that the Senate would ever seriously consider agreeing to the UN Small Arms Treaty threatens American sovereignty.
2. The war on American exceptionalism - If I wanted America to fail, I would wage war on the spirit of the people and launch a worldwide Presidential apology tour. Killing the very thing that makes American’s creative, rugged individualists will also kill America’s ability to recover from the mess that We the People find ourselves in. Keep in mind…
“If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.” ~ President Obama, Roanoke, VA
3. National Debt – We are operating WITHOUT a budget and voting in the bread and circuses for the masses without regard to the horrifying speed at which we are barreling towards the cliff that Greece and Spain have already jumped off. Instead, Congress allowed the bailouts of Wall Street and Detroit through trillion dollar deficits.
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." ~ Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Taylor, 1816
4. Supreme Court Nominations/Presidential appointments – Congress has not vetted nominees seriously in a very long time. Even more concerning is the fact that when the President used recess appointments to side-step the process, CONGRESS DID NOTHING!
5. Progressivism – There are progressives on both sides of the aisle infecting the leadership of both parties. That’s why it has often seemed like voters had a choice between bad and worse. Don’t be fooled, they are both heading to the same destination; the only difference is how fast you get there.
America is bleeding from all of the bad policy coming out of Washington DC. These good reasons to send a true Constitutional conservative to the Senate this November all stem from the definition of insanity:
Doing the same thing over and over again, getting the same result, but no clue why.
If the left and the mainstream media endorse the candidate, voters beware; America’s sovereignty is at stake.
If you like this article, you can follow Cari on Twitter @cvray, or click subscribe below to receive email updates when a new article is published.
Be sure to check out Cari's other columns:
Brazoria County Conservative Examiner
For other commentary, please visit Cari's blog.