A crunchy tuna sandwich is so much better than a soggy one. Use peanuts and celery to make your tuna stand out above the rest. This one is really different. It's rich because it uses Philadelphia cream cheese instead of mayo. There's a heat wave in the Harrisburg area right now, so cool and easy sandwiches that keep the kitchen cool are perfect.
Makes 5 sandwiches
- 4 oz. Philadelphia whipped cream cheese (1/2 a tub)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 (6 oz.) can tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- tomato slices
- lettuce leaves
- bread or sandwich roll
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and mustard. Stir well.
- Stir in celery and peanuts.
- Drain the tuna. Gently fold the tuna into the cream cheese mixture, so it keeps its chunkiness.
- Spread onto toasted bread or sandwich rolls. Add slices of tomato and lettuce.
You may also be interested in a fine crab salad sandwich recipe, a peanut butter and bacon sandwich, or some sweet sandwiches.