Chef Erin Zircher, the popular Executive Chef and partner at Nantucket’s Cru has been invited to create a menu for the February 7 dinner at New York’s James Beard Foundation. Cru, which opened last year, has received top reviews (including those from us) and was named “One of the Boston Area’s Hottest New Restaurants” by Zagat.
Her menu is called “Nantucket Seascape,” and is to include the following appetizers
- Cru Lobster Bisque with Orange and Fennel
- Nantucket Oysters with Verjus Mignonette
- Warm Buttered Lobster Rolls with Fines Herbes and Pickled Shallots
- Miniature Pork Sliders with Sweet Pickles and Smoked Paprika Aïoli
- Chicken Liver Mousse with Quince, Hazelnuts, and Sesame
And for the main course:
- Nantucket Bay Scallops with Kumquats, Pomegranate, and Ginger Vinaigrette
- Delicata Squash with Cloumage Cheese, Mint, Beets, Pistachios, and Slow-Cooked Beans with Cinnamon and Dill
- Roasted Tuckernuck Cherrystone Clams with Herb Jam and Chorizo Butter
- Whole-Roasted Lamb with Medjool Dates, Turnips, and Almonds
Dessert will be:
- Pear Tarte Tatin with Rosemary–Chestnut Ice Cream
The dinner is open to the public a $175 per person, including wine with each course. Tickets are available from the JBF web site.
Prior to forming a partnership to open Cru, Zircher was for8years,the Chef de Cuisine at The Boarding House.