Naturally you want to give your twins or multiples separate gifts that recognize their individuality, but that doesn't mean you can't throw in a few joint gifts as well. Not only do joint gifts celebrate your twins or multiples' special bond, but you get more bang for your buck.
Here are some suggestions:
- If your twins or multiples like playing together with dolls and other toy figures, give them their own toy figures but make the big ticket items such as this Littlest Pet Shop Adoption Center Playset ($48.00) a joint gift.
- Walkie Talkies such as this pair of walkie talkies ($15.99) from Discovery make a great gift for twins who love to talk and share secrets.
- Many popular family movies that may already be on your twins or multiples' wish lists are being released in gift sets that include multiple toys. For example, the Santa Buddies gift set includes the DVD and five plush puppies, and the Cars gift set includes the DVD, Blu-ray and two toy cars. Your children can enjoy the movies together but have a toy all to themselves.
- Life's always a party when you have twins or multiples, so consider a party game everyone can enjoy together like SceneIt! Deluxe Disney 2nd Edition ($18.95) or Cranium Family Edition ($23.15). Play individually or in teams to accommodate even more players.
- If your twins or multiples enjoy playing video games together, the New Super Mario Brothers ($49.99) for the Nintendo Wii supports up to four players. Word of caution: the game is rated E for everyone, but players have the option to help or hinder one another in their quest to save the Mushroom Kingdom.
Remember, sometimes the best gifts are those that can be shared with others!
Have another suggestion? Share it in the comments below!