Game? What game? OK, so the Denver Broncos face off against the Seattle Seahawks at Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday. But if you're a skier, and a Colorado skier at that, you're thinking as much about where you'll be hitting the slopes this weekend as where you'll be watching the big game. Or maybe after the snow dump from the last 48 hours that left more than two feet of snow at many mountain resorts, you're thinking more about skiing than football.
If you want to maximize your Super Bowl weekend, one of your best bets is to head to Crested Butte Mountain Resort (CBMR) where they're making the most of the Broncos quest for the Lombardi trophy. Over the weekend, you'll find everything from discounted lift tickets for supporting the Broncos to a tailgate party complete with a wing-eating contest and giveaways.
Here's how skiers can reap the benefits when Crested Butte gets into the game day spirit.
- Wear orange on your outer layer and CBMR will sell you a lift ticket for $48 on Saturday, February 1.
- A Tailgate Party starts at 3 p.m. Saturday at Butte 66. If you're wearing orange, you'll score free beer until the keg runs out.
- Butte 66 hosts its annual Super Bowl Party on Sunday with 50 cent wings, barbeque specials, a wing-eating contest at halftime and giveaway specials throughout the game.
- Stay until Monday when the price of the full-day lift ticket will be based on the final combined scores of Sunday's game. The price will be determined by $1 per point scored, but it will max out at $59. If the final score is Broncos 24 and the Seahawks 21, the price of a lift ticket for Monday, February 3 will be $45.
- The resort received 26 inches of snow in the last 48 hours, with 22 of those inches falling in the last 24 hours (as of Friday, Jan. 31). Powder anyone?
For a full list of discounts and festivities for the Big Game weekend, visit www.skicb.com/biggame.