Looking for something fun and freaky to do on Halloween in San Francisco? Get your science geek on at the California Academy of Science’s annual Halloween bash “Creatures of the NightLife.” You can wander among the reptiles in the rainforest, watch butterflies flap all around you under the glass domes, and stroll through the deep blue waters of the aquarium among costumed revelers as DJs spin tunes. Enjoy monster cocktails or take in a show in the planetarium.
Highlights of the Event
* A monster drag show & costume contest hosted by local drag queen Peaches Christ.
* Music and dancing throughout the museum with DJs spinning tracks while the cocktails flow.
* Monster makeovers by pro make-up artists.
* Touch slimy specimens and hold real hearts and brains from an organ lab in your gloved hands, or dissect a giant squid.
* Learn how to survive a zombie attack, and discover the science behind werewolves, vampires, zombies, and other creatures that go bump in the night.
$12 per person
NightLife at the Academy
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Dr.
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA 94118