One of the best ways to remember a recent vacation is to go home and start putting all of your photos and memorabilia into a scrapbook. Instead of just adhering all of the photos to different pages, take some time and be creative with your vacation scrapbook.
Think about page layouts when shooting photos during your vacation. This will help you think of creative poses and places to take photos at. Also, look around and find items that you can use to enhance your scrapbook’s layout and design. Many of these items can be found for free. Look around your hotel room for post cards that are complimentary and pick up maps and brochures for local activities and attractions. All of these can be used when creating a scrapbook.
Here are some other ideas to help you create a unique vacation scrapbook:
- Create a journal page within scrapbook
- Make each page its own theme
- Consider selecting a chronological layout order and document each day or activity on its own page
- Add unique facts about the area you visited - including flag, state bird, currency used and unique phrases used by locals
- Only select the best photos to showcase your trip - eliminate any blurry or non-relevant photos
- Use area postcards to embellish pages
- Embellish pages with memorabilia gathered during the trip - such as ticket stubs, autographs, coins, tourist maps
Have fun and make your scrapbook project a family affair. Not only will you have fun remembering your vacation, you will be making even more memories putting it together. Give any leftover or duplicate photos to the kids. This way they can create a scrapbook of the vacation that is all their own.