The first thing you and your partner can do to practice Sacred Sexuality is to create a sacred space. This is an important element. This environment will set the tone for your lovemaking.
We all have heard of the art of placement or Feng Shui. Creating a beautifully balanced and sexy environment is similar. It is one of the erotic arts of Tantra. So the first thing you can do is to go into your bedroom and imagine what would make the room so inviting that you and your partner would feel turned-on just walking into it. Once you get a clear enough picture in your mind, then see what you already have in your home that you can use to create the effect you wish to have.
In creating sacred space some of the elements you may wish to include are:
- First clear the space energetically with any type of plant or incense, like white sage or frankincense. This is really important as it will clear out any unwanted energy in your space Clean-up your room if it isn’t already neat and clean. Organize those books on the night table; put away anything that isn’t adding to the overall effect that you are wishing to create. . .
- Invoke the Tantric Art of Scent - bring out candles and place them throughout the room. I recommend you try to limit scents to very subtle ones or just use unscented ones. If you prefer incense pick something whose aroma is not too sweet and burn it a bit earlier in the day, unless you both like its strong aroma.
- Create a beautiful bed by bringing out a lot of luscious pillows and something special for the bed. You can use silk and sari material to cover the bed; you would be surprised what a difference a simple piece of white silk thrown over the bed cover.
- Pick the music you wish to hear in advance of your date. Choose music to create different moods for the evening. You may wish to start out with something very soft and melodic, calming yet a bit exotic. Then build your energy by playing a piece that is more lively but sexy too. Some of my favorite artists are, Rasa, Deva Premal, Donna Delory, the B-Tribe, Shastro, Tina Malia, and Sophia, most can be found at Amazon.
- Create a space for an altar that you both can decorate with objects, pictures and anything that represents your relationship and your intentions for your lovemaking that evening.
- Last but not least, have some water or a fabulous ambrosia to drink with glasses nearby your bed. You can also have fruits and other treats if you wish to play more sensually with food, but I will write more about that later.
Then step back and take a look at your creation. How does it make you feel? Did you create the effect that you wanted? If you did then get yourself ready for a fabulous evening.