Don't have time to go to a spa every week? Most of us don't. Creating a spa at home can be easy and fun. It will also give you a chance to unwind in the comfort of your apartment.
First, search for a few lavender or sandalwood aromatherapy candles. Both scents will relax you and the candle glow around the room will calm you. Putting dark colored silk scarves over lamp shades will darken, but created a colorful glow. Create an ambiance with a vase of fresh flowers, a plate of fresh cut fruit, a few magazines or books, and music. Try Brazilian jazz, classical music or make your own serene playlist.
Next, get a few big fluffy towels and an extra soft robe. Spas always have the softest, but stores like Home Goods, Macy's and Bloomingdale's have the exact same kind of towels at a great price. Grab a large pretty mug from Home Good's too. Stop by your favorite tea shop for a box of organic green or chamomile tea.
Once you have your apartment looking and feeling like a high-end spa, now it's time for all the fun. Here are a few great at-home products and devices that are easy enough to use at home, but work just as good as products found in professional spas.
- Clarisonic This device is amazing for face and body. It comes in different sizes as well as many different colors. It cleans deep inside your pores using a vibrating and pulsating brush. The Clarisnoc brushes are interchangeable to go with ones skin type. Skin will feel refreshed and clean.
- Delaney Wellness Kit ($330). You can't have clean skin without a great skincare kit. These products are made with Delaney Vineyards Grape Extract and other hi-potency anti-oxidants & peptides. Before applying moisturizer, use a clay mask like Jurlique's Intense Recovery Mask ($39). Made with natural clay, this mask will revitalize skin with antioxidant ingredients while removing skin impurities. In 15 minutes fines lines will soften.
- Brookstone's Heated Aqua-Jet Foot Spa ($129). All I have to say is this baby has two hydro jets and heats water up 115 degrees. It also has a splash guard so your carpet won't get ruined. Add some Footlogix Pediceuticals Foot Soak Concentrate ($19.95) to the water to help soften calluses. Afterwards scrub bottoms of feet with their Dual-Sided Wooden Foot File ($9.95) that works like magic on any rough spot.
- Hair Therapy Wrap ($29.99) All while soaking feet or waiting for clay mask to dry, use this easy to use cordless heat wrap. Put the gel heat packs in the microwave for a few seconds and place them inside the wrap, then place on head after applying your favorite conditioner or oil treatment. In 15-20 minutes you have a salon worthy hair treatment.
- Galvanic Spa ($290) This little device is is a little miracle. It helps smooth the appearance of fine lines, rejuvenate your complexion, you can even use it on your scalp and body. The price tag is a bit hefty but worth every penny. Use the Galvanic Spa for hair loss, cellulite, and wrinkles. It won't give you fast results like a pro spa device, but with time you will see a difference in your skin.
After your spa day, have a healthy lunch or dinner delivered from your favorite local bistro. Then take a long nap. Enjoy your at home day spa.