Salad doesn’t have to be just rabbit food consisting of just lightly dressed lettuce to be a healthy meal or side dish. It can be a powerful meal all by itself depending upon the ingredients added to make it special. A little of this and a little of that will bring out lots of appetizing color appeal to the salad and make it more enjoyable with each bite taken. Enjoy creating a healthy lunch salad with the works or serve with a Sunday or holiday meal when you need extra time between servings and still want to serve a powerfully healthy and filling salad to your family and guests.
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of cucumbers, cubed small
- 1 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup of chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 cup of diced salami
- 1 cup of diced smoked turkey
- 1 cup of diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup of diced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup of chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced (optional)
- 1 cup of creamy garlic salad dressing
- In a large mixing bowl combine and toss all the ingredients except for the olives and eggs.
- Once the salad is tossed with the dressing add the sliced olives and diced hard-boiled eggs on top as a garnish.
- Recipe yields 4 large servings of salad for a healthy lunchtime meal.
- If serving for dinner with smaller plates the recipe could easily serve 8-10 people.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: