Start a new tradition and capture your child's personality each year. On each New Year's Eve, have your child fill out this printable questionnaire. Try to have them write as much as they can or if they are too young to write, have them tell you what to write. Regardless of how young they are, they can still sign their name at the bottom whether it's really their name or just a picture.
Once the questionnaire is filled out, you have many options regarding what you can do with it.
- Place it in an actual time capsule.
- Place it in a time capsule that you can add to each year.
- Keep it in a binder that you can add to.
- Keep it in the memory keeper that you might have for your child whether it is a container, a suitcase, a box, etc.
- Upload it and save it to a disk or flash drive.
- Upload it to create a book when your child is older. (You can use Blurb.com or other similar sites.)
Regardless of how you keep it, it will be a wonderful trip down memory lane in the future. It's a great way for you and your child to look back and reflect on each year.