How cute are these half melting snowmen people sitting upon a moist and delicious cupcake? Too cute, you have to agree! What an easy decorating idea to create a special occasion winter themed cupcake that anyone would enjoy. Bake up a batch or two for an office party, school class party or family holiday dessert.
- 1 -2 cake mix boxes (white or chocolate cake)
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- 1 tube of black and green decorators icing
- 1 few candy orange slices
- 1 container of white frosting
- 1 container of marshmallow fluff
- Line muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Mix the boxed cake mix according to the package instructions.
- (Prepare the white and chocolate cake mixes in separate bowls. Then transfer half the batter of each bowl into a third bowl. The you can bake white cake, chocoalte cake and swirl cake cupcakes.)
- Fill each liner ¾ the way up and bake according to the directions on the box.
- Remove the cupcake tins and allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool they are ready to decorate.
- Frost the tops of each cupcake with either the white frosting or marshmallow fluff.
- Then gently press a large marshmallow on to of the icing.
- Cut up a few orange slices candies into triangle shapes to form the carrot nose of a snowman and press one small piece into the marshmallow with a little frosting so it sill stick.
- Using the black decorating frosting tube draw on the stick arms, eyes and mouth.
- Add a few dots of green icing down the front of the snowman to create the appearance of buttons.
- Now you have a holiday themed cupcake dessert that will have everyone talking.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: