Creating a layer cake is a delightful way to change a plain yellow cake into one that is extraordinary. Spreading a tropical pineapple filling between the layers brings out a refreshing dessert that is filled with the goodness of fruit. Bake a yellow cake from a mix. Slice the layers and set aside. Then add this pineapple filling to each layer of the cake and in no time at all you will have created a delicious dessert no matter what the occasion. Frost with some homemade whipped cream and your cake will have the look and taste as if it came straight from the neighborhood bakery.
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup of water
- In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and corn starch.
- Add the water and crushed pineapple.
- Set the flame to low and heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally until the pineapple cake filling thickens.
- Let the pineapple filling cool completely before adding into the layers of the cake.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.