Using Job Agents on job search databases are an excellent way to track which places are hiring or offering internships. They are easy and quick way to keep yourself motivated to stay searching and applying.
Creating a job search agent depends on the website you use.
Most often, you will need to use the advanced search button to choose your location, career category, salary range, full/part time status or other preferences. Run the search and the option to create a job search will be offered.
Typically, you will need to press a button titled "Create a Job Agent," supply your email address, and select the frequency of how many times you wish to receive updates. You will make sure the emails are not being sent to your email's spam folder.
As an example, let's take a look at Indeed.com. Say you're looking for a full-time editing position in Towson, MD with a salary of $30,000 per year. Follow these steps to create a job search agent.
- Click "Advanced Job Search" on Indeed.
- Type in your job requirements into the search engine. See the screen shot for how the search looks.
- Run the search.
- Look in the upper right hand corner underneath the blue "Find jobs" search engine button.
- There will be a gray box that reads "Get new jobs for this search by email."
- Type your email into the box.
- Click activate, and you've created your job search agent.
Choose which career suites your interest and create a job search agent today to find a job tomorrow.