Ooh la la the Fall 2013 Christian Dior Fashion Show certainly turned heads this year. And so did Redken Creative Consultant Guido who created a slick chignon that showed a hint of 1950's with a wet-looking finish take from mod to modern that defined he more refined looks we've been seeing from Christian Dior with Raf Simons now at the helm.
"We're seeing a lot of shine in looks this season, dry super-matte hair feels a bit flat to me, and shine helps breath life into a look. This chignon is tough, slick and powerful, the Redken control addict 28 hairspray used today is very high hold for a fairly hard finish, and the look is overall very elegant. The texture is what adds an element to an otherwise very uptown look - the glossy shine here makes it look like she was caught in the rain, or out all night, and adds a sexy, even slightly melancholy element. It is certainly a little bit of a 1950's look I suppose, but that's not really my inspiration- it's more about doing what's right for Raf and what's right for this collection," exlained Guido.
Want the glamour queen look? Follow Guido's seven steps:
- Apply guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair section by section from roots to end.
- Partially blow-dry only the front section of the hair, pulling up from the roots with your fingers as you dry to give the style height at the crown. Leave the lengths of the hair damp and continue to style.
- Using your fingers, part hair slightly off-center with your fingers.
- Take the top section of the hair that you blow-dried and clip off to the side.
- Gather the rest of the hair into a high ponytail, secure with an elastic, and then twist into small chignon, pinning flat to the head as you twist.
- Unclip the front section and separate into two on the left and right side of the part. Pull the left section back into the chignon wrapping it around and pinning as you go. Repeat with the right-side section.
- Spray entire style with a generous amount of forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.