Cream cheese cookies are delicate little pastries filled with fruit preserves. The sweet butter and cream cheese dough is an easy recipe to follow. These delights are teaspoon filled with apricot preserves. Although any fruit flavor can be included when creating these cookies. The local SuperValu in Winona always has the needed ingredients available. Just check your kitchen first before heading out to the store; everything required for this easy cookie recipe may be staples that are already on hand.
- 1 pound of cream cheese
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 pound of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 pound of flour
- Course granulated sugar
- Fruit preserves
- Add all the ingredients together and mix well to form cookie dough.
- Divide the dough into four parts and wrap them in waxed paper and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, take out one ball of dough.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough out to 1/8 in thickness over a lightly sugared board. (Use confectioner’s sugar.)
- With a pastry knife or roller cut the dough into 2 x 2 inch squares.
- Preheat the oven to 350’.
- Add a half a teaspoon of preserves in the center of each of the cookie dough squares.
- Fold two ends towards the center so the preserves show through the open ends.
- Transfer the cookies onto a cookie sheet leaving at least two inches between cookies.
- Sprinkle a little course sugar over the tops and place the tray in the oven.
- Bake between 8 and 15 minutes until the tops are lightly golden. (Times will vary depending upon the thickness of the dough, how large the dough squares are cut and oven temperatures.)
- Remove cookie tray from oven when cookies are done and let set for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer the filled cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool they can be transferred and stacked in a platter for serving.
- Any flavor fruit preserves work well with this cookie recipe.
- Do not use jellies, the jelly breaks down too much and spills out of the cookies onto the tray and will burn.
- Minced meat or a thick, apple butter are also good fillings for these pastry like cookies.
For e-mail alerts of new articles from the Winona Cooking Examiner, click on the subscribe button above. Included are her step-by-step, easy to follow recipes the whole family will enjoy. And be sure to check out Winona Home & Living Examiner for an array of fun, crafty and educational topics. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a topic or suggestion you would like covered. Happy reading and thank you for stopping by!
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved