The New Year is here and plans for crafting projects for the next year are being made. Keep an eye on the new crafting trends for 2014, so your projects are fresh and cutting edge. Whether you make gifts or craft as a small business, you want to keep up on the latest trends.
- For thoughts on staying current in jewelry making read Trendvision Jewelry + Forecasting and Bizzita. Mixing paradoxes and creating complexity will be popular, such as mixing tradition and innovation, east and west, and "witnessing the emergence of a sort of global culture".
- Lion Brand Yarns says for knitting and crocheting use big stitches and fat yarn, be sustainable and responsible in your material choices, pick modern patterns and cooler colors.
- Macrame is going to make it big in accessories. Knotted leggings, fringe tops and jewelry will be popular.
- For 2014 trends in crafting for weddings, read what Craft Place has to say. Laser cut decor and invitations, lanterns, color, whimsy and vintage will all be big in wedding decor and themes.
- Pantone is out with their Fashion Color Report for Spring 2014. Check it out for sewing fabric and yarn colors, as well.
- Interior design and home decor trends are discussed in Impressive Interior Design's and Luxury Interior Design Journal articles. The color yellow will be popular and ethnic patterns will be everywhere.
Enjoy the new year and keep your crafts current. You don't want to be churning out the same things, year after year. Stay challenged and have fun!