If you're a craft beer lover in the Pacific Northwest, September is the month for you. The second annual Bellingham Beer Week is September 20-29, 2013. The ten-day celebration of craft beer takes place at Bellingham area breweries, beer bars and beer stores.
Daily events are planned, from the opening event when Boundary Bay Brewery, Chuckanut Brewery and Kulshan Brewery join forces to create a special collaboration beer. It will be canned at the Kulshan Brewery on Friday, September 20 from 9AM to 12AM. Other highlights include:
- Oktoberfest Celebrations at Boundary Bay Brewery, Chuckanut Brewery and Elizabeth Station. Brewer nights and tap takeovers feature such breweries as Ninkasi, Yakima, North Fork, Firestone Walker, Sierra Nevada, Elysian and more.
- Beer Hunter: The Movie, a documentary about the late beer and whiskey writer Michael Jackson, will be screened at the Pickford Film Center's Limelight Cinema.
- Aged Barleywine Night along with two beer-and-food pairing diners at Elizabeth Station.
- Author John Holl will be signing his new book, The Craft Beer Cookbook, at Village Books in Fairhaven.
- The Copper Hog hosts the live game show Barleywood Squares, along with a Lager Off competition and an IPA Challenge with 18 IPA's on tap.
- Free home brew demonstration at North Corner Brewing Supply
Throughout the ten days there will also be brewery tours, beer-and-cheese/beer-and-chocolate pairings, a Beer & Bike Tour and special happy hours. More than a dozen beer bars, beer stores, restaurants and other businesses are hosting events in the city. Go to the Bellingham Beer Week website for a calendar of events.