Attention Bay Area crab lovers: you only have 5 days left to attend the Dungeness Crab Festival hosted by Lark Creek Restaurant Group. They have added delicious, creative crab dishes to their menus, including One Market Restaurant and Lark Creek Steak in San Francisco, Yankee Pier in Larkspur, and Lark Creek Blue on San Jose’s Santana Row.
I also have an opportunity for one of you to win a gift card good at Lark Creek restaurants -- see end of article for contest details. You can use the card during the last couple days of the crab festival, or at a future date.
The staff at Lark Creek’s restaurants buy live crabs, then cook and clean them, ensuring that customers receive top-quality, fresh seafood.
These selections will be available through Feb. 28, 2014. Highlights are below; see Lark Creek’s news site for links to all restaurants and special menus.
• One Market Restaurant in SF: Crab salad (see photo) with hand-picked Dungeness Crab, kohlrabi, green apple, pickled mustard seed 415.777.5577
• Lark Creek Steak in SF: Hand-picked Dungeness crab cake with watercress, shaved fennel, citrus vinaigrette 415.593.4100
• The Tavern at Lark Creek in Larkspur: Wood Oven Roasted & Cracked Dungeness Crab, Brussels sprouts, marble potatoes, lemon, drawn butter 415.924.7766
• Yankee Pier in Larkspur: Dungeness Crab Montecato Crostini with spring beans, meyer lemon, mint, radish & arugula 415.924.7676
• Lark Creek Walnut Creek in Walnut Creek: Chili and Garlic Roasted Dungeness Crab 925.256.1234
• Cupola Pizzeria in SF: Hand-picked Dungeness Crab Salad with Armenian cucumber slaw, black lemon, salmon roe, micro cilantro 415.896.5600
• Lark Creek Blue in San Jose: Saffron Seafood Fettuccine with hand-picked Dungeness crab, clams, mussels, rock shrimp, saffron fennel sauce, herbed bread crumbs 408.244.1244
On Twitter? Follow me @santacruzfoodie.
Prize: A $75 gift card to Lark Creek Restaurants
To enter, email your name to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Lark Creek crab festival.” Deadline to enter is Wed. Feb. 26, 2014 at 9 p.m.
This contest is open to readers of Tara Fatemi Walker’s Examiner.com and Santacruzfoodie.com sites. Employees of Examiner.com and contest winners from the last 60 days are not eligible for this promotion.