1. Life
  2. Family & Parenting
  3. Toys, Games & Gear

CPSC recalls over 2 million cribs

The Consumer Products Safety Commission recently recalled over 2 million Stork Craft drop side cribs due to defective hardware that can lead to the suffocation and death of infants and toddlers. The drop side crib includes 147,000 Stork Craft cribs with the Fisher-Price logo and involves close to 1,213,000 units distributed in the United States and 968,000 units distributed in Canada. The crib is one of the largest crib recalls in United States and Canada history and one of many baby and toddler gear  items that have been recalled in 2009.

The British Columbia, Canada manufacturer is in cooperation with the CPSC and urges all parents and caregivers to stop using the crib immediately. The faulty drop side is attached to the crib with plastic hardware and can unexpectedly detach which then creates a space between the crib wall and the mattress.The CPSC states because of the malfunctioning crib infants and toddlers can become trapped in the space and suffocate or fall to the floor. This is the second recall for defected Stork Craft cribs; as over 500,000 cribs were recalled in January for safety issues.

So far 110 drop side crib injuries have been reported to Stork Craft. Of those injuries 67 occurred in the United States and 43 in Canada. The injuries also include four infants who became suffocated and over 18 infants or toddlers were reportedly injured with concussions or bruises. The  recall does not include non drop side cribs, but only cribs with drop side plastic hardware. The cribs in question are those manufactured and distributed between January 1993 and October 2009. Most of the cribs were sold at retail stores such as Walmart, BabiesRUs.com, Target and many more. If you are not sure if this recall affects your Stork Craft crib, please look for manufacturer date, model number, crib name, country of origin, and the firm’s name, address, and contact information on the assembly instruction sheet inside the crib box. The cribs were manufactured in Canada,China  and Indonesia. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the recall, please contact Stork Craft at 877-274-0277 or visit their website for repair kit information.

Comments

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Want to become an examiner.

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

Well pit bull i think your a complete moron. your supposed to make comments on how u live, not what you want to be. you didn't even have the sense to put an "I" at the beginning of your sentence.

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Crystal Clear I think that you are in no position to judge me. You are obviously someone who spends way to much time on blogs to correct my grammar or the topics I choose to write about. I suggest heading outside to see the sun and maybe talk to a girl while your out there...And while were on the subject of grammar I should be capitalized

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

You sir are dumb. number 1 are arguing 2 different points on your cute little blog post. you are arguing that i have no life by saying that i spend too much time on blogs when your the one who came back to see what someone posted about your idiotic blog. number 2 i am a girl as shown by my first name so therefore i should be talking to a boy. of which i have a very handsome boyfriend named Justin Case. thank you very much

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Well Miss Clear I don't think you really picked up on the joke telling you to go out and talk to a girl. As for coming back to check my blog I was curious on how to become an examiner so you can take your hotsy totsy little boy friend Justin Case and stick it

• Justin Case 4 years ago

my gf here is correct i'm not gonna lie..I'm a babe no joke... so pit bull suck a D.

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

you sir have forgotten a period at the end of your last sentence...just sayin.

• Justin Case 4 years ago

Crystal... I love you

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

oh scnucums i wuvy duv duv you too.

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Wow!!!!! Okay can you take your love fest somewhere else if you're not going to focus on the matter at hand. Maybe you should just go bang already.

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

ok mr or mrs pit bull...whatever you are. your just trying to get back to the matter at hand because you have no love life. you cant get a guy...or girl in this case because you have no life and all you do is blog in your spare time.

• Justin Case 4 years ago

you get (him or her) it hunny

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Well I am a woman and I will have you now I have someone to love and don't need to look. Unlike your little boy toy Justin Case Cheryl is the most amazing girl that a girl could ever have.

• Justin Case 4 years ago

whats Cheryls last name? i hooked up with a cheryl last summer.

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

justin...did you just say what i think you said?r u kidding me right now? we have been dating for over 4 years now. you shouldnt have been hooking up with lesbians this summer!

• Justin Case 4 years ago

i didnt know she was a lesbian at the time.....

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Well her last name is Duple and I doubt that she has ever heard of you. She doesn't associate herself with idiots such as yourself. Plus she has an extreme longing for the female form which couldn't be satisfied by you.

• Cheryl Duple 4 years ago

Wait.....His name kinda sounds familiar

• Justin Case 4 years ago

Wow cheryl what are the chances that we meet again on here? how have you been. please tell our friend Pit how i am not an idiot, just a college kid gettin some lesbian action.

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

justin!!!!!!!!!! are you kidding me are we really arguing about this right now? on a blog. we have been dating for over 3 years. that means you cheated on me!

• Administrator 4 years ago

Please get off this blog if you are not going to talk about the matter at hand.Thank you!

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Well administrator I have been trying to tell them that this whole time and I am sorry for the inconvenience. Justin as for you and your little tiff you have going on with your girlfriend you are one extra special deuche. You can have Cheryl I'm bored with her anyway.

• Cheryl Duple 4 years ago

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

oh pit look at you tryin to suck up the administrator. i would expect that out of you. and as for cheryl goes..justin doesnt need her he has me.. and as for your little affair over the summer idc about that im gonna forget about it and me and justin are gonna be fine and are close to our wedding.

• Justin Case 4 years ago

crystal idk where you got the idea that we were getting married soon from? i mean first of all i havent proposed to you yet and second of all i think your the only person in the world that still doesnt know that im just using you for the sex. i really actually love Cheryl.

• RJ McGay 4 years ago

im cute :-)

• Cheryl Duple 4 years ago

Well looks like someones life is falling apart before their eyes. Justin i never knew you felt that way and i have secretly loved you this whole time as well. I just don't think we will ever work its been to long. O and your not a girl.

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

• Simon Sais 4 years ago

Come on guys can u please get off this blog this is a serious issue, this blog is for people who care, and clearly you dont care so i say get off!

• Pit Bull 4 years ago

Well Simon says get off....that means I'm out. Screw you simon

• Cheryl Duple 4 years ago

Ya who is this guy anyway

• Crystal Clear 4 years ago

You now what Justin we are over. I have invested so much time into you and clearly your not the person I though you were. You can take your little wiener and get lost. You say you used me for sex but the sex honestly wasn''t even close to pleassurable. Don't forget to tell your new little friend about your E.D.

• hb 4 years ago

kyle?

• Ugieser Gay 4 years ago

Are you people serious right now? We are arguing about affairs, love and relationships? There is a much bigger problem we face at this time. You all should read the article above this nonsense blog and learn about some real problems.Please stop blogging about your personal problems and open your eyes to the problems in the world around you. Thank you.

• PB 4 years ago

hb? :)

• Gotta get me some HB 4 years ago

HB babe is that you?

• jayb 4 years ago

HB, what are you doing on here!?

• HB 4 years ago

jayb, i think we need to help crystal clear with her probelms

• jayb 4 years ago

You can't help someone else until you deal with the probelms of your own, maybe you should confess what you did last night to your boyfriend Ugieser Gay

• I was a Crib once... 4 years ago

why cant everyone just love everyone?

• Ugieser Gay 4 years ago

Jayb me and HB are deff not dating im married to my life partner RJ Mc gay. cant you see by out last names..pssssshhh get with it girl.

• I was a Crib once... 4 years ago

I thought we had something special Ugieser

• Ugieser Gay 4 years ago

well im not gonna lie i dont recall ne thing with u...u coulda been one of my drunken hook ups at the gay bar..

• I was a Crib once... 4 years ago

Ugieser come on, i know you remember, that wonderful night you and i spent together, we went on that date to the gay bar and we danced the night away, then you took me back to your house, tied me to the bed and put whipped cream all over me, i know you remeber because you told me you would never forget, we almost bought a pet puppy named spanky, come one sweetie

• Ugieser Gay 4 years ago

do not bring those old memories of your tiny wiener, i clearly musta been totally hammered if i said i would ever remember that night in a good way. were done im married now so stop talking to me.

• I was a Crib once... 4 years ago

How could you, your breaking my heart and you dont even care

• RJ McGay 4 years ago

I was a Crib once..., stop talking to my husband, you guys had ur times...for one night, but we are married now, stop talking to me.. he loves me and our new dog spanky :)

• Man 4 years ago

If I knew a kid named kyle he would be stupid

• Ugieser Gay 4 years ago

obviously...ur little and i now have a real man...if you know what im sayin!

• Woman 4 years ago

i know a kid named kyle and hes sexyyy

Pages

Life

• Johnny Manziel
    Should Johnny Manziel apologize for his hard partying over the offseason?
    Today's Buzz
  • Crop circles
    Similar crop circles appeared in Germany and England within days of each other
    Camera
    19 Photos
  • Advanced placement
    The AP program is gaining traction as a key component in college admissions
    Camera
    5 Photos
  • Beach hats
    Beat the heat with the best summer beach hats for women
    Camera
    Beach Hats
  • Expectations for ministry
    Pastor preaches to newly ordained ministers about expectations for ministry
    Camera
    6 Photos
  • Medical symptoms
    See which symptoms should cause you to seek a doctor’s attention right away
    Camera