Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: "I'd hire Bill Cowher tomorrow"

Comments

• cowboyforlife 4 years ago

cowher would be a great coach to fire up an aggresive unit, i feel we are tactically correct but a bit soft.
    the question is with ware,ratliff,james,spencer,jenk,Tnew etc, they know how to play a cowher isnt exactly defense illiterate! I feel if wade goes JG must follow and there needs to be a total over haul, lets hope the "boys put it right tonight and win the state battle! go boys!

COWHER TO THE BEARS!!!

c'mon now you can't write an article based on somebody in the "comments" section "supposedly" seeing Jerry Jones at a wax museum and asking him about cowher!! first off your messing with people lives here and their families and their livelyhoods and you are gonna start a rumour like that because somebody said that in a "comments" section?? sorry but that isn't very smart!!!

• bevomav 4 years ago

I guess you are talking about the Wax Museum in Grand Prarie. That thing is a joke and nobody goes there. I think the odds of JJ going there is remote. but...

I have seen JJ around town and he is quite approachable. You ask him a question and he answers like he is talking to a sports writer. He has also been known to throw em down and get real chatty. but..

He says all kinds of stuff and loves to pull your leg. He once told my wife and her girlfriends he was thinking of bringing back Jimmy Johnson..while winking..

Where is North Caroline?

Great idea

• Viper 4 4 years ago

An anonymous quote from someone at a wax museum?

That doesn't pass the laugh test--and it doesn't belong in quotes.

• Joe D. 4 years ago

I'm not sure I would have run with your source, but i think the question is fair. If Wade is fired, who takes his place? I don't want Cowher. He is good at maintaining discipline on a team with solid defense, but his game management in the playoffs is suspect. Also I think our defensive players don't do a god job of reading and reacting. They like Phillips's gameplan of all out crashing a gap. At least I know Ratliff does.

Cowher could never work for Jones, especially after having worked for the Rooneys. Jones is toxic and Cowher has better options.